2018 TREND RADAR: What is the style direction for hair and hair color
Hello, 2018! We are HERE for the “new year, new me” mantra when it comes to predicting what trends will blow up in the next 365 days, and the ones we’ll be leaving behind in yesteryear. Here is the new look to inspire you on into 2018
1. Choppy Shag HaircutsThe iconic shag haircut made a major comeback last year, and 2018 is about embracing those ‘70s-inspired, choppy layers for a versatile and super-textured style. for Hollywood’s biggest stars—Kristen Stewart, Gwyneth Paltrow and Rooney Mara to name a few. Modern shag features choppy layers, major movement and texture for days.
2. Wash-And-Go Hair
We know you love the lived-in texture, so I predict “wash-and-go” hair will be 2018’s way of embracing everyday style. This look with what I call selective cutting and/or point-cutting deep on the baseline and anticipating where that hair lives and wants texture. This cut is based on how you curl or style your hair. This creates a wearable, everyday texture you can style at home.
3. Goodbye, Rooty Blondes!We’re going to see the end of the grown-out, rooty hair color trend. Its time to say goodbye to the so-called designer root and make the commitment to being a blonde. Looking like a true natural blonde is what 2018 is about.
4. Razor Cuts2017 was the year of the bob and 2018 will be the year of the razor cut. “We are moving away from the bob and women are open to more androgynous and edgy haircuts yet still soft. So soft ends and major texture is the on-trend cut. And yes the fringe is back
5. Muted ShadesKeep your eye out for soft and subtle hair color. “Everyone is toning down and making their color more muted and darker. Even the pastel hair color is going softer. And what about the Metalic hair colors? Well, they will definitely stay on-trend, but they’ll become softer and more opalescent with less saturated colors.
6. Go GreenPantone’s color of the year may be ultraviolet, but green hair color is about to go viral. Style icons like Rihanna, Kesha and Jared Leto have pulled off the bold and rebellious color trend in years past but get ready to see everything from lime to teal take over our Insta feeds in 2018.
7. Disconnected HaircutsMullets have slowly been making their way back into the mainstream, so keep disconnected haircuts (from subtle to an extreme!) Long hair might have an added fringe or a shorter side, but not necessarily shaved. Short hair might have an added accent extension piece It’s a new year…so if you want to edge it up, make a big change with bold, trendsetting styles.
Let's take a closer look at some great shag styles
Getting excited yet.......I know I am